The first and well know Rock Tape created for our horses.
Unlike traditional rigid tape which utilises compression and immobilization in treatment, RockTape Equine activates the nervous and circulatory systems to initiate healing and is used to assist in the treatment of:
Injured muscles – RockTape Equine is applied along the length of the injured muscle and as the elastic tape recoils it lifts the skin from the tissue below. This has an effect of:
- reducing the sensation of pain
- promoting circulation assisting in the reduction of any swelling or bruising and enhancing the blood flow to the injured muscle.
- Biomechanical dysfunction – RockTape Equine provides support or stability without restricting the range of motion.
- Postural dysfunction – RockTape Equine improves the proprioceptive feedback to the area which assists in the retraining of the muscles that maintain the correct posture.
RockTape Equine is used to enhance performance in reducing the negative effects of fatigue. That is, it doesn’t necessarily make an athlete’s performance greater than baseline measures, but can reduce the drop off in performance that is often evident when fatigue is a factor.
- Improve endurance as the increased circulation can assist to improve the supply of oxygen to muscles and the removal of the lactic acid.
- Improve recovery time after intense training sessions or races, as the increased circulation assists in the removal of waste products such as lactic acid.
RockTape Equine can be used as either a sole or an adjunctive treatment in equine or canine therapy. It can be used to reduce or control pain, manage swelling or oedema, increase joint range of motion and muscle function, and maintain a level of functionality and comfort for the horse throughout the rehabilitation process. It can also be used to assist the equine to maintain functionality and comfort in training and assist with recovery, thus facilitating overall soundness in the equine athlete.